Saturday, December 20, 2008


SUMMER HOLIDAYS ARE HERE!!
We are now all officially on holidays - Summer holidays with Christmas/New Year thrown in. I always find the first day of the Christmas school holidays the most wonderful of all the days. Waking up and realising that my time is truly my own agenda - no meetings, responsibilities, questions; it is a feeling of freedom and pure delight!
And yesterday was the first Summer day that Melbourne has seen in a while. Last Saturday, I drove through pouring wind and howling wind wearing a ski jacket to get my hair cut! But yesterday dawned clear, fine and sunny with no wind. DH and I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast at our favourite local cafe and later while some of the family enjoyed the sunshine in the pergola, the wonderful DH washed all the insect screens and windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment