Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hi Every One.  I went for my in patient visit to the Sunbury Animal Hospital last Friday to spend the day having my blood sugar levels checked out to see how my diabetes was responding.  

The day got off to a good start.  I got there bright and early and immediately growled at the Vet nurses so that they would quickly realise that I was boss.  This ensured they kept a respectful distance when taking blood samples.

The vet nurses are really lovely, but I find the more I growl at them the nicer they are to me as they try to win me over.  They always tell the servants what a nice cat I am, but I just growl or glare at them.

After having a good start things went down hill a bit.  I got my neck shaved, even though it is the middle of Winter in Melbourne.  Worst of all I'm not even Greek.  Then every two hours my blood was taken to be tested.  To cut a long story short, Dennis, the vet said that it appears my pancreas is now generating insulin after having had a little rest.

So now, my insulin dose has been reduced a little, although I still get injected twice a day.  Twice daily injections is not all bad as I try to see how often I can make the servants stick themselves as they try to do my injections whilst I keep wriggling.

In September Dennis plans to spend a couple of days taking me off insulin and thinks the diabetes can be controlled without injections.

Woo Hoo - no more needles twice a day and I'm sure my servants will be pleased to avoid sticking and injecting themselves on a regular basis too.

Ind.. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can stay out of the insulin injections. It's a prickly business.

    I have three gorgeous (to me) cats too and they are quite elderly (17 years old each) and TG in very good health. They are now retired living in Paradise (Brazil).

    Hugs and meow, meow
    Gina

    ReplyDelete