Sunday, June 5, 2011

You Can't Get Me

Well I had to go to the Vets for another check-up.  So off we went again.  I tried to hide, I tried to resist, I tried to run.  I even tried to tell the people I was feeling fine.  But no, they wouldn't have it and I was scooped up and carted off to the Vets.


If you remember, last time I went to the Vets they tried to test my rear instead of my ear.  So this time I was ready for it.  I worked it out.  It doesn't matter what's wrong, here comes the thermometer, a universal tool that is designed to make sure you will fake looking and feeling well, even when you are not.  


My new strategy was to lull everyone into a false sense of security.  I didn't fight, I didn't struggle, I just sat still nice and sweet.


The vet was so happy with me and said "Oh look, he's getting used to coming here and trusts us. He's very calm and relaxed."  I thought "That's right buddy, I'm relaxed so you relax too."  People can be so predictable and you can suck them in so easily.  Like when you swat them once and just growl next time and you know they will jump back.


Anyway, just as I predicted, the vet relaxed, the grip loosened and he turned around.  As I predicted he was looking for his thermometer. Ha I knew it! And that was the cue I had been waiting for.  I was out of there baby - up on the window ledge like a flash.  Only 4 mm of glass between me and freedom.  Independence, I was on my way.


 Made it to the window ledge, now where is that thermometer
 A quick glance at the door as a backup option
  Just 4 mm of glass between me and freedom
 Now how does this window catch work?


Next time I'll try and get some practice in at using window winders before I make my dash.

No comments:

Post a Comment