Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You've Got to be Kidding Me

I went down the the street on Saturday to help select my cat litter.  Litter is very important to cats, so it must be chosen with a great deal of thought.  Whilst I was down the street I saw one of the shops had been renovated and I couldn't believe my eyes.


Well, every one knows I've lived in America and as I experienced the delights of shopping in pet stores there with the Wallet Support Systems; sorry, I mean the people; I would think to myself - "Ahhhh only in America."  They had everything a cat could want.  Sadly they also had everything a dog could want too.  


But this time what I saw just made me say "You've got to be kidding me".  Take a look at it - The K9000 dual bay Dog Wash!  Only $10.
I mean in the USA they have everything and nothing they could do would surprise me.  Even if this happened in America, I would have been shocked.


Now granted, I live in Bulimba in Brisbane, which is not shabby.  Bulimba is where all the well off wannabes live.  You know, nice restaurants, hair dressers and designer cat litter.  But even they have stooped to new lows that have shocked me.


Yes, look at it, a coin operated dog wash.  Yep, look again, I had to.  So I am shocked.  Its enough to make you reach for the designer scratching post.  


What am I to make of this?  The only conclusion I can reach is Bulimba dogs are too lazy to wash themselves?  It just goes to show you, we cats have standards.  At least we take the time out to self groom and wash, so we're always looking our svelte best.


And if you look closely, the dog wash is even heated - and we live in the tropics.  All right then it's not tropics in winter, but dogs are known to go for 8 weeks without a wash and enjoy the experience.  And besides, that's why they have doggy breath - not too fussy about the teeth or what they eat.
So for $10 dogs get to forgo washing themselves and get to imagine themselves as a nice shiny car going through the car wash.  I'm not too happy about them getting a warm wash for only $10 but I'd gladly pay another 5 bucks to watch the machine wring them out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment