Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stock Take Opportunity

The toaster came out of the cupboard today.  One of those rare Saturday morning events when the staff cook their own breakfasts instead of ripping something out of a packet like a muesli bar.  And I can tell you - I'm totally in awe of the way they use that toaster and how they skillfully turn perfectly good white bread to useless black toast.  Watching Master Chef on TV has made absolutely no difference to their culinary talents.

Oh I should clarify, I've been advised that I'm supposed to be sweet and cute and as a result, I'm not allowed to call the humans I have here servants or gaolers, so I've resorted to referring to them as staff.  Innocuous enough I hope.  Anyway, I digress.

So I took the opportunity to look at where the toaster lives and check if there was any food stockpiled.  Predictably there was none.

I also went to the vet today. My ear infection is back, so here we go again, more antibiotics.  I also suffered the indignity of sitting with dogs, being weighed - and now they all know my weight and having a light shoved in my ear and cotton buds stuffed into it.  Growling at the vet seemed to have some beneficial effect as he didn't try and take my temperature this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment