Thursday, September 9, 2010

X Marks the Spot

Hi Everyone.  Mum has been sick so, today, I set out to make it a memorable day for her.  This morning, after breakfast, I decided to surprise her. 

I went out onto the deck in my apartment, and then, when no one was watching, I jumped off the deck and onto another 3rd floor window ledge. (If you enlarge the picture of our apartment block X marks the spot.)

I could see everything from up there and I was sooooo happy.  When my Dad found me he foolishly told Mum where I was.  Mum came running out to see me.  Success!  So now I was back as the centre of attention.  I was even happier and my parents couldn't catch me.

Then came the best bit.  I couldn't get back.  You should have seen Mum freak out!  Funny how she thinks just telling Dad about the situation even louder will fix it.

Finally Dad ruined all my fun by stretching out as far as he could over the balcony railing, then he grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and under my chin and hauled me back in.  He had to lean out so far and put so much weight on the thin railing, then streeeetch to reach me so much he now thinks he's bruised one of his ribs.

Anyway, now I know exactly what to do and everytime I go out on the deck I head straight toward the window ledge.  I know my parents don't exactly know how I got out there yet, but somehow I'm not sure they are too keen for me to show them.

No comments:

Post a Comment