Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Presents

Christmas Presents

At last - Christmas is here! Hooray.  I've had to put up with soooo much.  First of all is the travel.
 I like to have Christmas in my Summer Palace - in Melbourne, where I can escape from the humidity. But getting there is so rugged.  I have to travel baggage class.  So here I am traveling with Qantas and flying on the day before Christmas Eve.  I've got to tell you, that engine looks pretty big as I go past it. I believe it's a CFM 56-7 engine.
The good thing about flying with Qantas is they use Boeing jets.  Boeing jets have a pressurised and heated compartment (I like to think of it as a private suite) in the baggage hold, just for pets.  Airbus planes don't have that, so they can't take pets.  So if it aint Boeing, I aint going!
But at last! It's Christmas Day and after putting up with so much; the travel, the stuff all around the house, a plastic tree - inside the house, festooned with lights and trinkets, and the lights going on and off to a cacophony of sounds.  Well it's enough to make a cat distracted.
But, here it is.  It's Christmas and I got presents.  I got a stick with a fluffy bit and feathers that is attached to a person to make it work.  It is such a good present and it is so much fun to swat, to jump on and to chew.
I also got a new litter tray, because litter trays are very important to cats.  That's all I'm allowed to say about the litter tray because Mum says there are some things best left un blogged.

May your Christmas be as much fun and happy as mine. May you enjoy your day with all your pets and the people they own.

1 comment:

  1. Have just found "The Chocolate Cat" and hope the whole world discovers this wonderful blog, sooner rather than later!!! I'm reading these posts and laughing out loud!! Your writing is witty and the photos are clever. I love your 'cat's eye view' of life. Couldn't say which post is my favorite, but am definitely looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete